My Exchange Student Experience

This blog is dedicated to writing and sharing about my journey to Japan. This summer, 2011, I will be going to Japan through the YFU (Youth For Understanding) exchange program. I will be staying with a japanese family for (about) six weeks. This is about my experiences. My travels. My story.

6/03/2011

Japan Here I Come! 9 more days

Yesterday I received information on my host family. :D I won't mention names or specific locations or anything for privacy's sake, but I am really excited. I will be living with a man and a woman and their two kids, one boy and one girl, south of Osaka. How cool is that? And I will be attending high school with their daughter. I hope we can become friends. I'm so happy. ^^ only 9 days! Well, actually its about 14 till I meet them because of orientations and whatnot, but still! Omg this trip is going to be so cool. And Osaka is just south of Kyoto so maybe I can visit some old temples. And sensei tells me that the town I am in is right near an onsen (natural hot spring) coast so I should visit one. I'm so nervous X3 and happy. I have a pre-departure orientation this weekend. So that's gonna be good. I just can't wait to meet my host family. I hope we get along. I wonder what kind of people they are. I'm so curious. I am almost done with the photo album I am making for them. I wonder what else I should bring. I'll ask them when I call them if they want anything specific. XD omg it's so close I can taste it. I'm so excited. Nervous- yes. Scared- of course. Excited and happy as hell? OF COURSE! :)

9 Days till departure

3 comments:

  1. You can TASTE IT?! Man, I want to taste Japan! What's it taste like, Sarah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky goose! You're making me excited for you. I wish I could go to Japan.

    And I told you I'd be stalking your blog. xD Shoot me a PM or email (both?) when you feel like it. Haven't talked to you in a while. And have fun at orientation!

    Miss Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is the day! Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete